Purchase and validity
1. A voucher may only be purchased online at eurowings.com. The voucher bearing the voucher code is sent by email in PDF format to the address indicated.
2. Vouchers can only be issued in euros.
3. The voucher is valid until the end of the fifth year following purchase of the voucher. You will find the expiry date on the voucher. It is not possible to extend the term of the voucher beyond the expiry date or to redeem it for cash.
4. The balance associated with the voucher is activated as soon as the amount chosen for a voucher has been credited to Eurowings, but no sooner than 24 hours after purchase.
5. The voucher may only be redeemed online at eurowings.com. It is valid exclusively for Eurowings flights with a EW or 4U flight number and only for additional services connected with a Eurowings flight (such as luggage and special luggage surcharges and seat reservation). These additional services can be paid for with a voucher either during the flight booking or during a subsequent booking. Booking changes are possible within the scope stipulated by the Eurowings General Conditions of Carriage (GCC). Bookings of combination packages (flight and hotel, etc.) or partner offers (Rail&Fly, hotel, hire cars or insurance) and the use of vouchers to purchase additional vouchers are not permitted.
6. A voucher issued in euros can also be used for flights that are paid for in other currencies.
7. If the invoice amount exceeds the value of the voucher, the balance may be paid by means of another permissible method or another voucher. This may incur transaction charges that you will find in the GCC.
8. Should the value of the voucher exceed the amount charged, the balance of the voucher will remain valid until the expiry date under the same voucher code and may be redeemed with another flight booking. Please note that you will not receive a new voucher for the remainder. Cash payment of the balance is excluded.
9. It is not possible to use the voucher to pay for bookings made before the voucher was purchased.
10. You may revoke your contract declaration in writing (e.g. by letter, fax or email) within 14 days without giving any reason. The period begins when the recipient receives the voucher. Timely dispatch of the revocation is sufficient to comply with the revocation period.
The notice of revocation should be sent to:
Eurowings Aviation GmbH
Fax: +49 (0)231 222 42 420
Consequences of revocation
If the revocation takes effect, the performances received by each party must be returned and any benefits enjoyed by the parties surrendered. In the event that the voucher purchase is revoked, we will invalidate the voucher code you received and reimburse you for the value of the voucher.
In the case of services, your right of revocation shall expire if the terms of the contract have been fulfilled by both parties at your express request before you have exercised your right of revocation.
11. The voucher code is linked to an internal account which we maintain and which you can access with the voucher code. Whether printed or in the form of an email, vouchers have a solely declaratory character and do not represent a separate balance. To prevent fraudulent use, we recommend keeping the voucher in a place not accessible to third parties, as anyone may use the voucher code to charge a booking to your balance. This also applies in the event that a voucher is given to another party, as the previous owner may continue to use the voucher code.
12. Eurowings accepts no liability for typographical errors in the email address of the voucher recipient and shall not issue replacements for lost vouchers or voucher codes.
13. Vouchers may only be used for private purposes. Resale of vouchers without the prior approval of Eurowings is prohibited. In particular, offering vouchers for sale on online auctions or other online platforms, either individually or through third parties, is prohibited.
Article 13 does not apply to purchase agreements for vouchers from consumers residing in Austria.
14. Eurowings reserves the right to freeze voucher codes or require an alternate payment type in the event of a scam, attempted fraud or other criminal actions related to the purchase or redemption of a voucher. If a voucher code has been frozen due to the reasons mentioned above, Eurowings will gladly provide the buyer with a replacement code after he or she has contacted Eurowings.
Großenbaumer Weg 6
Registered office of company: 40472 Düsseldorf
Register entry: District Court of Dusseldorf, HRB 66807
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Karl Ulrich Garnadt
Executive Board: Dr. Jörg Beißel, Michael Knitter, Oliver Wagner