Bid for BEST offers you the opportunity to bid for an upgrade to the BEST fare any time about 73 hours before departure. After the deadline passes, you can no longer bid. To submit a bid, all you need is the prior purchase of a ticket in the SMART fare for a direct flight on a Eurowings route that also offers BEST seats. We do not charge any booking or registration fees for upgrade bids.
If you receive an upgrade you can fly in the BEST fare on this route. This includes:
- A comfortable Premium seat with more leg room
- Two bags each weighing up to 23 kg
- Two carry-on items
- Significantly improved in-flight service with à la carte dining
- Lounge access (if available)
- Use of the fast lane
- A reserved carry-on compartment
How Bid for BEST works:
- Log in to eurowings.com in the "My Flight" / "My Eurowings" area with your login data or your name and booking reference, and select the booking that you would like to upgrade. This service is only available online; it is not possible to bid by phone.
- If it is possible to bid for the selected booking, you will see a link to "Bid for BEST" below the flight information. Click on it to bid for an upgrade to the BEST fare. An upgrade bid must be submitted SEPARATELY for each leg (for example, a flight from Cologne to Berlin = first leg, return from Berlin to Cologne = second leg) and covers all passengers in a booking. If a booking includes several passengers, your upgrade bid applies to each person for all passengers in the booking (for example, if there are three passengers in one booking and a bid of 50 euros for the BEST upgrade for the outgoing leg, 3 x €50 = €150). If your bid for an outgoing flight is accepted, there is no guarantee that your bid for the return flight will also be accepted.
- After entering your credit card information and agreeing to the terms of participation, you can submit your bid. The credit card information is only used to confirm your bid – your credit card is only charged once your bid is accepted and the BEST fare has been upgraded.
- You will receive a confirmation of receipt of your bid by email or SMS. It may take up to four hours to send an email. Please also check your spam folder. As a rule, all communication about your bid will be emailed. If you would also like to receive a SMS alert, please be sure to indicate your mobile number when submitting your bid.
- If your upgrade bid is accepted, you will be informed by email and/or SMS 73 hours before your scheduled departure. In such cases, the bid amount will be charged to your credit card, and your booking will be changed to the BEST fare.
You will need to download your updated boarding pass from our website or the Eurowings app or pick it up at the check-in counter. If you fail to do this, you will not pass the security check at the airport.
If your bid is not accepted, you will receive no notification, will pay nothing and will fly in the class originally booked.
For technical and legal reasons, it is unfortunately no longer possible to submit an upgrade bid for group bookings, for bookings made through other airlines or for bookings made on behalf of unaccompanied minors.
A bid can only be considered if you have not yet checked into your flight.
The target booking class represents your original booking class; you are only receiving a higher-quality service class. In other words, the fare conditions for your originally booked ticket in the SMART fare, the cancellation conditions, booking change fees and mileage credit will remain unchanged. You will get the same range of services that you originally booked.
Accepted upgrade bids are not transferable, not eligible for reimbursement and apply only to the flight indicated and the indicated date. This also applies if you originally booked a SMART-FLEX fare.
You will receive Boomerang Club or Miles & More miles according to the booking class that you originally booked.